Please Call Today
to Schedule Yours!
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What do we need to do to prepare our rooms for the hardwood installation?
Empty the rooms of furniture, pictures, curtains.
2) What is done to prevent the house from being covered in dust?
We offer the Atomic Dust Free System as an option, or we plastic off doorways to adjoining rooms, cabinets and bookshelves.
3) How long will the job take?
Of course this varies from job to job. Three to six days for sanding and finishing a pre-existing wood floor. Installing a new wood floor is a three week process including delivery, installation, sanding and finishing.
4) Will we need to move out of our house?
As a general rule, no. But, we can discuss the process with you on your specific job and then you can make the decision that will work best for you.
5) How long do the floors take to dry between coats?
2 – 4 hours Water base polyurethane
8 – 10 hours Oil base polyurethane
6) How long should I wait to put Area rugs down?
10 days from final coat for Water base polyurethane
3 weeks from final coat for Oil base polyurethane
7) When can we move our furniture back into the rooms?
48 - 72 hours after final coating of polyurethane. We will provide you with a bag of felt stickers that you will need to put on the bottom of your furniture to help prevent scratches.
8) Do you have insurance?
Yes, We are licensed, bonded and insured.